BS EN 15713:2009 Management Standard
We, as a company are proud that we have achieved certification in the internationally recognised BS EN 15713:2009 Secure Destruction of Confidential Material Management Standard, with ISO Quality Services Limited.
The ongoing audit process consists of two audits per year which comprise an internal review (carried out at the 6 months stage), and a yearly re-validation audit to ensure that we, comply with the requirements of the standard.
BS EN 15713 What is it?
A Secure Destruction of Confidential Material System provides a framework of key conditions to be adhered to by companies who destroy confidential information on behalf of their customers; the security of this information being integral to this. The standard includes a number of conditions such as specific sizes to shred to, and how the destruction is monitored and controlled, as well as the following core aspects:
- Security screening of personnel
- Premises Security
- How sensitive information is collected, retained and transferred
- Security measures during destruction of materials
- Management and control of confidential material destruction
- Traceability of the destruction process